HORSE HOLE CREEK LLC. DEMOLITION DERBY RULES
“Each driver and mechanic has an obligation to read the rules for their best interest”
READ ALL RULES!
RULES AND REGULATIONS
IMPORTANT: Each driver and mechanic must sign in at registration desk the day of show and have their cars inspected solely to determine compliance with those rules (and not for purpose of determining safety of car or participant) at least 90 minutes prior to show time or he will be ineligible to run! NO REFUNDS!
DRIVER MUST ATTEND DRIVERS’ MEETING PRIOR TO DEMOLITION DERBY OR DRIVER WILL BE DISQUALIFIED.
I have read the rules and acknowledge to have received a copy of same and agree that the decision of the Judges is final. I agree to participate at my own risk absolutely. It is a condition of my participation in the contest that I sign a further release of liability in the form to be supplied by Horse Hole Creek LLC. and I agree to sign such a release.
SPECIAL NOTICE: NO ALCOHOL OR DRUGS ALLOWED IN ANY RESTRICTED (PIT, HOLDING OR PERFORMING) AREA. ANY VIOLATIONS WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION OF CAR, DRIVER AND CREW. NO REFUNDS !!!
The Horse Hole Creek LLC. Demolition Derby is promoted as an unusual spectator attraction.
DRIVERS and MECHANICS are subject to and must obey the following rules and regulations which are set up by the promoter and/or the track where this event is being held:
1. Each DRIVER and MECHANIC must be of legal age (16 years old); driver must hold a VALID DRIVER’S LICENCE. License must be presented when signing in. All drivers 16 or 17 years of age must have a notarized release signed by his or her parents or guardian.
2. Each driver must fill out an entry blank. All drivers must supply their own cars. ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON. Drivers should have proof of ownership. Cars cannot be double entered in each event.
3. Horse Hole Creek LLC. or promoter reserves the right to approve or reject any and all entries.
4. Only drivers and mechanics who sign the release sheet will be permitted in the pit area or on the track.
5. Contestants of the Horse Hole Creek LLC. Demolition Derby are not employees of the track, fair association or the promoter of the event.
6. Horse Hole Creek LLC., the promoter, track owner or fair association will not be held responsible for any cars, parts or personal property before, during and after the show.
7. NO PHOTOCOPYING OF ENTRY FORMS. All entries are to be filled in and signed by driver at office (or designated area). Entry must be made in the name of the driver who will actually drive the car in the event.
Type of Car – DO NOT REMOVE VIN #
1. Any hardtop automobile or station wagon with a wheelbase of 101” or larger.
2. NO trucks, convertibles, SUV’s, jeeps, vans, hearses, limousines or checker cabs, Chrysler Imperials, Windsors, or Imperial Sub-frame cars.
3. Cars previously run in demos may be considered too battered and unsafe, resulting in disqualification.
a. Risk: Demolition derbies are hazardous and high-risk sports; therefore, anyone with a health condition, i.e., concussion, heart problems etc. or who is pregnant should not compete.
b. Disqualification: 1. Open Door 2. Fires (officials discretion) 3. Unsafe vehicle 4. Non-working fire extinguisher 5. Special situation deemed necessary by official.
c. Body Protectors – Protect yourself. Work Boots, sport equipment – e.g. neck brace, knee pads, shoulder pads, hip pads etc. are recommended.
** No bare exposed skin.
d. Working seat belt and racing helmet are mandatory. Goggles or face shields are recommended.
e. BRAKES – VEHICLES MUST HAVE DEPENDABLE BRAKES AND MUST BE WORKING PROPERLY BEFORE ENTERING PEN AT ALL TIMES. All boundaries must be observed.
f. NO DRINKING OF ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES ON TRACK, EMERGENCY VEHICLE AREA OR IN THE PIT AREA. Any driver or pit person under the influence of alcohol or drugs will be immediately disqualified and removed from the grounds. This will be strictly enforced.
g. No cars permitted in the competition area before the heat in which they are to participate.
h. Competitive aggressive hits! Sandbaggers will be disqualified!
i. All cars are to be removed from the fairgrounds or racetrack immediately following the show.
j. Additional safety regulations may be imposed, depending on track and conditions.
k. ALL DECISIONS OF THE OFFICIAL ARE FINAL.
l. A $25.00 protest fee is required to contest another car. Protest must be made PRIOR to running of event.
m. No deliberate hitting on driver’s door. Hitting drivers door may result in a disqualification.
n. Obey red flag. Stop immediately! No exceptions.
o. Any driver or crew member disobeying the rules will cause his or her car to be disqualified. Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated and will be grounds for disqualification and barring from future derbies. Drivers are responsible for the actions of their crew members.
NO CHANGES OR ALTERATIONS OF RULES MAY BE MADE EXCEPT BY HORSE HOLE CREEK LLC.
CARS LEFT FOR JUNK MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY A CLEAR TITLE!!!
PLEASE BRING THIS FORM WITH YOU! We may have a few copies available the day of derby.
HORSE HOLE CREEK LLC. DEMOLITION DERBY OFFICIAL ENTRY BLANK
Show Date___________________________________ Entries limited to the first 50 cars
Location: HORSE HOLE CREEK 13210 SE HWY 19 INGLIS, FL 34449
I have read the rules and acknowledge to have received a copy of same and agree that the decision of the Judges is final. I agree to participate at my own risk absolutely. It is a condition of my participation in the demolition derby that I sign a further release of liability in the form to be supplied by Horse Hole Creek LLC. and I agree to sign such a release. I agree to have my car at the race area and sign in at least 90 minutes prior to show time and attend drivers’ meeting or I will be disqualified and ineligible to run!
Driver’s Name (print)________________________________________Age (must be at least 16)_____
Street Address (print)_______________________________________Tel:_______________________
City (print)________________________________________________ Postal Code:_______________
Signature of Driver
Driver’s License #_____________________________ Car Number____________________________
RELEASE AND CONSENT FORM
State of __________________ County of _____________, I, __________________________________________________________being the parent and/or legal guardian of _________________________________________________________________________ hereby consent to permit
_____________________________________________________ to enter and/or participate in the Demolition Derby and/or events being held at ______________Horse Hole Creek LLC.________________________ and that said minor is under the legal age of this state, namely, age _______ and that I hereby expressly release both the producer and sponsor and all their associates for any injuries of any kind or nature which may occur or be received as a result of said minor’s participation in said Derby. And I hereby expressly waive all claims for injuries that may occur should said minor be injured while being a contestant in said contest.
Parents and/or Legal Guardian: ________________________________________________Subscribed and sworn to
this _________ day of _______________ A.D., 20_____. Notary Public___________________________________
My commission expires ________________________
PREPARATION OF CAR – REMOVE OR CONVERT THE FOLLOWING PRIOR TO ARRIVING AT FAIRGROUNDS OR TRACK
“Official’s Decision is Final”
1. RIDING ON CAR Insurance Regulation: No person riding on outside of cars at anytime or any passengers riding inside of car at any time.
2. FLAMMABLE MATERIAL Seats & trim - All must be removed from the vehicle except driver’s seat.
3. TRAILER HITCH Must be removed and all sharp edges must be mashed down prior to derby event.
4. GLASS/AIRBAGS All windows, mirrors, airbags & trim, must be removed prior to derby event.
5. DOORS & NUMBERS Driver & Passenger doors must be PAINTED BLACK. Painting of number on vehicles should be done after registration. Your number will be given to you by Horse Hole Creek staff.
6. FIRE EXTINGUISHER Must be within reach of the driver, must work and have a working gauge.
7. BATTERY One 12 volt car battery must be moved to front passenger floor board and securely fastened in a box/container clear of all fuel sources. Following inspection it must be covered with a non-flammable shield.
8. GAS TANK Stock gas tanks must be removed. Must be a steel marine tank, custom steel fuel tank, or certified racing fuel cell. Plastic tanks are not recommended. All tanks must be securely fastened down
(bolted) in the middle of the back seat area. Tank must be covered with a non-flammable material after inspection. Maximum 5 gallons gas. Referee has final decision.
9. FUEL LINES All fuel lines must have leak proof fitting with steel or rubber lines (no clear lines). No exceptions. Lines should run inside car.
10. ELECTRIC FUEL PUMP Must have a safety shut off switch in reach of driver and officials (punch button) recommended, marked in red.
11. FUEL SYSTEM Electric fuel pump must be isolated with a non-flammable material covering lines, tank & pump. Non-flammable covering may be fire resistant blanket or air bag material.
12. HOOD Hoods are not mandatory. Without hood – use electric fan only - fans directly connected to motor must be removed. With hood - a 12” opening must be cut in hood over carburetor (not over fan). Hoods must remain open for officials’ inspection. Hood must be fastened down in maximum of 6 places, with seat belt strapping, wire, l/4” chain only, or bolted to fender. Following Inspection one wire may be ran from center of hood to bumper as the 6th spot. Hood latch should be removed. No welding hoods.
13. TRUNK Trunk/tailgate to be fastened down in same way as hood or may be welded using 6 – 3” square plates. If trunk is welded a 16” square hole must be cut in top of trunk for officials’ inspection.
14. BODY PANELS Metal may be cut from around wheels for clearance. Front & rear quarter panels may be bolted with up to 5 bolts per panel - maximum 3/8” bolt.
15. DOOR FASTENING Driver’s door may be welded solid. All other doors must be fastened shut with wire, straps, ¼” chains or spot-welded 1” every 12” or 6 – 3” square plates welded on per door.
Solid driver’s door window screens are not recommended..
16. BRACING Outside of car may have one 12” X 72” X ¼” max steel plate applied to driver & passenger doors, bolted in 4 locations (with a maximum ½” through bolt) & spot welded 1” every12”. No Beveling.
NO “C” CHANNEL OR ANGLE IRON.
17. ROLL BAR/CAGE Single roll bar one tube only up to 2” diameter up each doorframe, inside of the roof. Roll bars going across the roof must be through bolted twice through the roof for driver safety. This roll bar may be welded or bolted to the frame or rockers. An additional bar may be added behind the seat welded or bolted from roll bar to roll bar. Recommend 3"to 4" square tubing or pipe. Cages must stop at door post/support and not extend outside of the passenger cabin of the vehicle. No excessive use of materials.
18. WINDSHIELD SPACE
Must have a minimum of a single steel bar or chain from the cowl to the roof bolted or welded. The “A” or “H” style protection is permissible but the bars must look like the A or H. The cross brace must be in the middle and in no way come in contact with the distributor protector. The horizontal bar must be a minimum 8” from cowl. If using the “A” it may be welded or bolted in 3 locations. If using the “H” it may be welded or bolted in 4 locations & be no more than 36” in width. Driver must not be impaired from exiting
through window area of car in case of emergency.
19. DASH BAR Min 3” to Max 4” square tubing mounted doorframe to doorframe, but not to firewall. Not Mandatory. Driver Safety.
20. INTERIOR MODIFICATIONS
No welding of any inside body support seams or firewall seams. All holes in firewall must be covered with a non- flammable material. Large holes in car floors must be repaired with same gauge metal and securely fastened. No reinforcement.
21. BUMPERS CAR BUMPERS ONLY, to be used. Front & rear bumpers may be reversed. Front & rear bumpers may be mashed in so not to catch on other cars. Bumpers may be wired in 4 locations to rad cradle & trunk. Bumper shocks may be reinforced with flat bar or tubing to help keep bumpers on. Excessive use of material will be asked to be removed. No loading of bumpers. Officials may request a hole be made in bumper for inspection. Bumper layers may be welded together. No metal added.
22. FRONT GRILL No screens allowed. (Stock A.C. condensers permitted in original position.)
23. RADIATOR Must be flushed of anti-freeze and replaced with water only. Overflows must point straight down or positioned so not to harm other drivers & spectators. Floating rad cradles with maximum 1/8” gauge steel angle or flat bar will be allowed – Absolutely no reinforcement to frame or rad cradle.
24. TRANSMISSION COOLER
Is permitted and must be secured in engine compartment. Transmission dipstick must be securely fastened, wired down or have an overflow tube pointing straight down away from drivers or spectators. OR May be re-located to directly behind driver seat, bolted to the back bar and completely covered to the floor with a tin shroud. A minimum of two 1” holes must be made in the floorboard directly below cooler for drainage.
Hoses must run straight down under driver seat and be completely covered with non-flammable material.
Hose spec: 2500psi single braid hydraulic hose with pressed fittings only, must be rated for 250 degreesF+.
Hydraulic hoses must be marked as such by manufacturer. Hydraulic hoses must have pressed fittings only. No other fittings acceptable.
25. DISTRIBUTOR May be protected. Fresh cars must have 1” away from the firewall. Excessive material will be asked to be removed.
26. SUSPENSION Suspension must remain stock (movement must occur). Broken or sagging parts may be replaced. It is recommended that rear coil be wired or welded to differential. No spring blocks or added helpers. Rear ends can be exchanged (5 bolt pattern car rear ends). Rear control arms can be changed (Ford/Mercury, ‘98+, 6 control arms, stock material; pre ’98 – 4 control arms, stock material). Rear differential cannot be protected or reinforced. Gears may be welded. Steering columns, drive shafts and rear sway arms may be altered but not reinforced. Ball joints, tie rods, control arms and steering linkage must remain stock. NO REINFORCING ALLOWED. Trailing arms must be made of trailing arm material- no square tubing material. No truck rear ends.
27. HEADERS Must be secure, must point upwards and not at other drivers/spectators. Must be a reasonable length or will be asked to be cut or removed. Official’s discretion.
28. FRAMES No welding of frame seams top or bottom. ONLY rusty or bent frames may be repaired with steel no thicker than factory and no larger than 4” square on 2 sides only.
Maximum 6 repair areas on entire frame. Over repaired frames will be considered reinforced and will result in alteration or disqualification. Official’s discretion. No painting of frames except for the following. Frame repairs must be painted bright orange before arriving for derby event. All repairs to frames must be reported to officials before inspection – over-repaired frames will be asked to be cut – if not - may result in disqualification.
29. DRIVETRAIN PROTECTORS Protectors may only be fastened to motor or transmission (NO FASTENING TO FRAME OR BODY).
30. DIFFERENTIAL PROTECTORS Are not permitted.
31. MOTOR MOUNTS Stock mounts may be welded or chained. Home-made mounts are acceptable. Any excessive or added mounts will result in disqualification.
32. BODY MOUNTS All rubber stock body mounts and stock size bolts must stay in place. Increasing bolt size is not allowed. Max flat washer size – 3”. Four (4) additional body mounts up to ¾” inch threaded rod are allowed, placed strategically where desired or replace existing body mounts. Two threaded rods are allowed for the rad cradle that is not included in the additional 4. Two extra bolts may be added to drivers compartment for safety.
33. TIRES Maximum 16” D.O.T. Tires must be low aggression. No forklift tires or solid fill tires. All tires must be filled with air only. Tires may be doubled. No split rims. No screwing tires to rim or studding. All wheel weights must be removed and no welding stem protections. Carry spare 16” D.O.T. mud tires in case track conditions warrant. Referee’s discretion.
34. PRE-BENDING May be bent within reason. Can be deemed unsafe to other drivers resulting in alteration or disqualification. Doors may be rolled - 1” of weld every 12”max. Trunks may be tucked. Wagon roofs may be pre-bent so rear end lifts but not crushed to make sides fold inwards thereby creating a ramp. Modifications deemed unsafe will be disqualified.
(Additional safety regulations may be imposed, depending on track.)
Track boundaries must be observed at all times. Any car shoved or driven out of bounds or is on or over a pole may be immediately disqualified if Derby officials feel it’s a safety hazard. Decision of the official is final.
These rules are subject to change without notice at Horse Hole Creek discretion.